Monday, May 18, 2015

Out with the old and in with the new.


     I'm proud to say Ton'y bike is finished!  He took it home tonight and is probably freezing his ass off riding in the crap misty weather we have had for the last week or so.  It might be 45 degrees out at the warmest.   We (Tony, Troy, and myself) got the bike running Saturday and I finished up the last few things Sunday afternoon.

     The finished wiring job:

     A shot of the bike.  2001 Buell motor in a Paughco frame.  I think it is +6 in the down tubes and 40 degree neck.  So far I have rebuilt the front end, replaced the rear wheel bearings, rewired the whole bike, and serviced it a couple times.  I'm pretty familiar with it now.

     I rode it around the block in the rain yesterday and put 12 miles on it tonight before I returned it to Tony.  It sure is a fun bike.

     My next project belongs to another friend.  Troy's bike needs a stator and voltage regulator replacement, a new front tire and a few changes that he has in mind.  He just bought the bike this spring and this will be his first summer with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment