Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Adventure riding

I'm not around motorcycles every day all day anymore.  That has taken some getting used to.  Quite honestly I think my old job was ruining my passion for motorcycles.  I am looking forward to spring time riding more this year than I have for a couple years.

I sell auto parts now instead of motorcycle repair.  I'm good at selling parts, always have been.  Now that bikes have been removed from my daily grind I find the desire to go riding, explore new territory, and waste gasoline for my own enjoyment has strengthened.

I've started reading, and commenting on a forum called www.advrider.com .  It's a new place for me to waste away hours on the internet.  It's full of your usually motorcycle guys.  Mostly about sharing rides or knowledge of things you have done, some keyboard commando's but not very many.  I started reading it because my off road riding interests have peaked. Off road camping weekends are high on my priority list for this summer.  I want to learn how to ride a good wheelie.

Bradley got a new dirt bike this spring, and I'm in the market for a better one.  One of my goals for the next two summers is to get Bradley on his own bike as often as possible to get his experience level up before I put him in traffic on that 883.  I intend to build a trailer and drag our dirt bikes someplace to go riding every couple weeks this summer.

I broke my old camera the night we got his new bike so I had to just point and pray that it would take a picture.  Here it is, a 2003 Honda XR80.

It's clean for an 11 year old dirt bike.  It has new tires, chain, and sprockets.  It's a Honda so I expect is to fire right up and just go and go and go like the Energizer bunny.  It does need a carb cleaning though.  It's the perfect upgrade from his XR70.

No comments:

Post a Comment