Thursday, February 6, 2014

I like Sportsters

Well I am not a very active blogger.  It's been nearly a year since I updated.  Last July I bought a house, and another Sportster.  The newest bike is also the oldest.  It's a 1974 XLH 1000.  I am the 3rd owner and it is a nice stock motorcycle.  I got it from a fellow named Jack.  He bought the bike in 1975 with only 1000 miles on it.  I also got the original gas tank, still in original paint, with the deal and a sweet AMF padlock.  I plan on repainting the fenders to match the paint on the OEM tank and reinstalling it. 

The bike is so close to stock I can't bring myself to modify it.  The pipes are different, but I think they are very early Cycle Shack pipes.  They have been on the bike since the 70's.

It has been repainted once with a larger king sporty tank installed.  It is a couple shades darker maroon than the original color.  I intend to bring the paint job back to stock with out repainting the tank.  I'm just going to redo the fenders to match the old tank.
Right now the tank is enshrined above the television in the living room.
 
.




No comments:

Post a Comment