Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kick starter

First up is the old kick arm. I swapped this out because it is so wide when folded out. I think it would have been very easy to tip the bike over on the right side using this arm. The old kicker arm (Taiwan Tedd re-pop) didn't fit the shaft very well, had to stick a screw driver in the slot to get it on and off the bike. The new kick arm is a QUALITY made in USA straight kick arm made by Baker. It is a nice heavy duty part and I'm very happy with it. I don't know how Bert feels about me putting a Baker kick arm on a Primo kick starter but it's my bike .
You can also see whats left of the exhaust pipe in this picture. The straight piece of tubing fits nicely inside the kicker arm with plenty to spare. When my new oil tank gets here later this week and gets test fitted I can get back to making the pipe. I also bought a sanding drum wheel that fits in a cordless drill to smooth out the joint where the two pipes meet. I have a feeling I am going to have to extend the straight area of that pipe stub to get it lined up where I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment