Monday, February 27, 2012

Exhaust

I'm working on the exhaust next. I have never built an exhaust pipe before and it is actually alot more difficult than I thought it would be. It seems so simple, but to get the pipe lined up down the side of the bike the way I want it to has been time consuming and has stalled me out for a few weeks.

I Want to keep the pipe in as close as possible to the bike. For narrow looks and to keep as much heat off the inside of my leg as possible. In these pictures the pipe is sitting a bit lower than I want it to.I was also trying to figure out the best way to keep the pipe in a perfect straight line going down the side of the bike, and join it as a 2-1 head pipe.


So I decided to cut the rear pipe off at the bend. I bought a straight piece of 2" exhaust tubing from Napa to join the front & rear head pipe bends into. I still have to take pictures of how it looks right now, so this post will be updated later. I also got a new oil tank coming, and ordered a Baker straight kick start arm. The late style FX kicker arm I bought from Carney folds in nice and tight but it is very wide when folded out to start the bike. I think I will have trouble kicking it with my center of gravity so far to the right, and don't want to flop the bike over on the right side when I kick it.

No comments:

Post a Comment