Monday, October 29, 2012
Got the new oil tank, gas tanks, and pipes on
I had to rotate the shifter one spline forward to get it to clear the oil tank on the up shift without hitting. I think it will work out well tho because now it sits a little lower under my leg and more forward so it is easier to find it.
I also found the two little screws and plastic hold down tab for the stator wires and installed them tonight. Now that I found them I can install the rotor and the belt drive. With the primary belt installed I can make the braces for the front portion of the transmission plate.
Dan R from The Horse tech board told me I better make a re-enforcement for the trans mounting plate where it is welded to the seat post if I am going to run without an inner primary or motor plate. It'll break right away if I don't.