Monday, October 29, 2012

Got the new oil tank, gas tanks, and pipes on

     Still waiting on the 12" apes to arrive.  The drag bars hit the tank when turned all the way right, well the throttle cable will anyways.  I sat on the bike with the new tanks mounted and I'm not positive I like them.  I do like the new oil tank alot and I can live with the pipes.  My walmart camera doesn't take very good pictures without natural sunlight.  I have the day off tomorrow and I'm going back out to the garage to see if I can make the spacer I need to fit between the frame tab and the flatside tank mounts for the lower front bolts.  Then I can drill the hole for the top front mount.

I had to rotate the shifter one spline forward to get it to clear the oil tank on the up shift without hitting.  I think it will work out well tho because now it sits a little lower under my leg and more forward so it is easier to find it.

I also found the two little screws and plastic hold down tab for the stator wires and installed them tonight.  Now that I found them I can install the rotor and the belt drive.  With the primary belt installed I can make the braces for the front portion of the transmission plate.

Dan R from The Horse tech board told me I better make a re-enforcement for the trans mounting plate where it is welded to the seat post if I am going to run without an inner primary or motor plate.  It'll break right away if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment